Tutorial How to Make Your Microphone Sound Better

Whether you're a streamer or just a gamer, do your viewers and friends a favor by enhancing your audio waves! While it can be a bit of a process to setup the software and at times certainly a little frustrating, overall it can be worth it. I started looking into how to make my microphone sound better after purchasing a Blue Yeti microphone almost a year ago. Since then i've learned a lot of the major do's and don't that weren't in the many guides I had read. To avoid making a guide that simply repeats the wheel here, I'll just lay out some of the major points I've learned and link to the setup guides I found most helpful.

Streamer
If you're a streamer and you use OBS you can actually enhance your mic by using VST plugins directly within OBS. Alternatively if you want more control over your audio waves, you can pair it with REAPER.

Other
If your not a streamer but want more control over your audio (this is the path I took) then you'll need Voicemeeter Banana (or voicemeeter potato but see further down about this choice) and REAPER (not Cantabile! see further down)

Use Voicemeeter Banana create more audio ports for your PC. You'll have virtual inputs and outputs to wire your audio through software and such. Using an audio mixer like Voicemeeter opens the window to using soundboards, or changing audio levels out/in to specific application(s).

To be continued...

Atayeu

Comments

Top Bottom